Wednesday 16 September 2009

Not the Slough Canal Festival

I almost got excited a few weeks ago when I was reminded of the approaching Slough Canal festival during the weekend of 12th Sept. I then thankfully remembered that I was getting married that weekend and laura may not appreciate my non attendance.

Originally we were going to have a couple of weeks away on Lady Elgar for our honeymoon due to peanut still depending on her sterilised bottles and not really being old enough to travel abroad, however, we suddenly came up with the idea of doing something a little different and still giving the illusion of going away.

At short notice, I trolled the t'internet and we found a lovely little static caravan right on the seashore of Morecambe bay in Lancashire.
A quick phone call to the owners Audrey and John showed our choice of week was available and all was then booked.

The Caravan is lovely and the view form the front is stunning with superb sunsets, plentiful wading birds to view through binoculars and views across the bay to Fleetwood and the mountains of the lake district. You can even see Blackpool Tower on the far horizon which is all lit up at night as the Illuminations are currently on in that town.

The downside to this caravan is, I was silly enough to compare it internally with what a wide beam boat would be like. Guess what, Laura is now looking at wide beams lol.

heres a few pics of our journey so far


The view from our window







Sleeping beauties



Ready for a grand day out

1 comment:

Vallypee said...

Nice place! Lovely and peaceful for you both and the P'nut. Yes, I rather agree about widebeams. I think my Vereeniging would count as such (about 10'5") and after seeing the Wandering Snail's interior, I don't know how you manage!