Friday 19 December 2008

A very Merry Christmas

The festive period is well and truly upon us.

People are getting into the christmas spirit with Job Parties ranging from office 'do's' to disco's on Thames cruisers and theamed dress-up affairs where Henry the Eighth throws a christmas turkey leg across the dance floor for effect.

Our own works 'do' was organised for last Monday which alas, Laura and myself didnt attend due to family commitments. But we heard all about the usual goings on when we all returned to work on Wednesday...to be honest, im glad we didnt go

So, We ourselves have been looking forward to our first proper Christmas, off work together.
We have 4 days off ending on Christmas day then back to work Boxing day for 5 days then off again for New Years eve for 5 days........or so we thought.

Yesterday, The management decided to inform Myself and a few others that, due to bad planning they have cancelled my days off on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, and to make matters worse.....its without any compensation!!!!!!!


IM not a happy bunny
So....in order to make me feel better and spread a little good news at this time of year it is with Great Pleasure and Happiness that Laura and myself, announce that we are expecting the arrival of our first child this coming July

Mother and Peanut (for that is its size) doing well

9 comments:

Vallypee said...

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You save the best for last there Geoff!! That's very exciting news and I hope Peanut grows into a good sized Brazil nut very quickly and easily ;-)

Secondly, sympathies about the cancelled leave. I'm not surprised you are an unhappy bunny! I'd be spitting ice cubes on your management from very close range in your shoes.

That being said I hop you have a teriffic Christmas and New Year, and that all your little nuts into big trees grow...hmmm...now I'm not sure if that sounds rude, but it's meant to be encouraging ;-)

Haha, my word verification is :promse....

Your managers didn't keep theirs did they?

Neil Corbett said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm speechless, well nearly, but many congrats to you both. I'm not sure how you get your head round having a child younger than your grandchild but I'm sure it'll be great.

Bad luck about Christmas duties, but at least you have Christmas day off.

See you in the new ytear.

Neil (&Kath - I'm just off to give her the news! Wow!!!!!)

Anonymous said...

congratulations and commiserations, have a very Merry Christmas.I have followed your blog and enjoyed it emensly. May the New year bring you continued happenes.

saltysplash said...

Many thanks for your comments folks. I was livid over the cancelled leave but kinda got my head round it now, I suppose the way things are in the world at the moment one has to be thankfull for what you have.

Neil, Hope all is well and you managed your Trip over the weekend

Hope you all have a great Christmas and a special new year.

GreyWolf, Im looking forward to getting home Christmas eve for you know what :)

Vall, Give my reguards to Rotterdam over the festive week

Vallypee said...

All the best to you and yours for Christmas Geoff. We'll be down in Zeeuws Vlaanderen for Christmas at the cottage. My barge is where I live and my first love, but Rotterdam can get pretty hectic during these holiday periods, so Koos and I are lucky we have a place we can share out away from the city lights. It's a hopeless fixer upper, but the location's fantastic.

We'll be back in Rotters for the new year though, as we have a week on the slipway with Koos's barge beginning 29 December, not to mention his son's wedding on the 31st, so it will be a busy old week! I'll post pics of the scraping and painting when we do it. Luckily we'll have my daughter's husband to help. Poor boy arrives on Boxing day and we'll be putting him straight to work ;-)

Vallypee said...

Happy New Year, Geoff, Nora and Pnut!!!

Mick Walsh said...

Hey Guy's congrat's. Goin to be a summer baby. Hope mum can handle the heat.


best of luck.

Dale said...

Happy New Year from one who lurks...
I hope it brings the best for All of you!

saltysplash said...

Thanks for all your words folks.

Shiner, good to see your comment and Dale, dont be a lurker, all comments are very very welcome.