Wednesday 20 August 2008

Its done

Before I say anything, Nora and self have just watched a fantastic film on telly which I have to recommend to all....its name is Confetti. I have no idea how we have missed this 'fly on the wall' docu film.



Enough said.



We cellebrated Jack and Beck's wedding on the saturday night and Sunday saw yours truly driving home to Lady Elgar while Nora remained in Sutton to look after the cat.

Monday and Tuesday were both NIGHT DUTY's and come Wednesday Morning I was all set to attack the stove pipe.


I got home by appx 8am and, with the aid of coffee and fags I eventually set off to Wickes by 10 am and selected a sexy little Angle Grinder for the princely sum of 30 quid.



My Black an Decker workbench was set up alongside LE and with the aid of the old pipe I marked off the correct 54" on the new stove pipe.


If youve never used an Angle Grinder before its obviously a nervous moment when the machine first kicks into life........have you ever seen the amount of, and the distance the sparkes travell.

in addition to the sparkes, the damn machine kept jumping off the pipe and throwing my arms upwards towards my head!!!!!


Eventually I got the hang of cutting steel and hanging onto the grinder at the same time and the 6" of excess steel fell to the floor.

Within minutes I had slotted the newly cut pipe into the new stove collar and the roof collar. Within another few mins, I had packed the pipe fittings with heat rope and brand new 'fire cement'. This part I will admit i had a few bad dreams over. due to the acute angle from the stove to the roof collar, however, having cut the pipe to the correct length, it fitted just smashing.


A couple of coats of stove paint and a cureing Fire later and all proved to be well and dandy for the coming winter... will try to post a pic if ever Nora hands over her camera.


Actually she has more important things on her mind. It was her birthday on 14 August and for once I thought I had finally excelled myself in birthday gifts.


Be a Zoo keeper for a day


on the 22nd of Sept she is going to Whipsnade Zoo to muck out all kinds of animals and fings. Im not allowed in, so will have to buy my own ticket :(


Actually it sounds like a great day, her expected best bit will be working with the penguins


No comments: